Need a healthy, every-day and easy dinner soup? This creamy, flavoursome soup is packed with nutrients and fibre and not so heavy in calories. Use reduced-fat coconut milk and you need not feel guilty about having an extra portion of this tasty soup. Serve with a helping of your favourite, chunky bread to fill up empty tummies in the cold.
Serves: 4 Cooks in: Less than 45 min. Easy.
1 medium head broccoli cut up into florets
1 medium head cauliflower cut up into florets
1 Tbsp of garlic flavoured avocado oil
1 medium onion chopped
2 carrots chopped
1 stem celery chopped
1 small knob of ginger, peeled and chopped
1 small red chilli deseeded and chopped
1 big hand full coriander leaves
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp mild curry powder
1 can reduced fat coconut milk
1 litre chicken stock
salt and pepper
- Heat the oil over medium heat in large pot.
- Add the onion, garlic, celery, carrots, ginger chilli and coriander and sweat on a medium heat for a few minutes.
- Add the turmeric and curry and mix into the onion mixture. Fry for another minute and pour the chicken stock into the pot.
- Cook on a medium heat for another 20 minutes and remove from stove.
- Use a stick blender and blend the soup untill everything is liquified and smooth. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve with chunky bread in pre-warmed soup bowls.