Indulged a bit too much this weekend? All your good intentions left you by Saturday evening while dining out? Do you need to up your veggie intake? Then this delicious detox green smoothie is just what you need.
These easy iced coffee popsicles are really a big reward for very little input. They are perfect for serving on a hot summer’s day when you are craving a cup of coffee but can’t stomach the thought of drinking something hot.
Feeling a bit under the weather and want to boost your immunity? Want to help your skin with collagen production without having to buy an expensive cream? Then this Vitamin C booster smoothie is the perfect breakfast remedy for you.
Só, after this winter I decided to take the next sixty days to adopt healthier habits, to take my health back one day at a time. This includes exercising most days and starting each day with a breakfast that is rich in micro nutrients. This blueberry and banana smoothie bowl meets the exact criteria. The great thing is that it actually tastes just like blueberry ice-cream. This is like Summer in a bowl. I love to just take my time savouring each spoonful packed with amazing anti-oxidants and cancer-fighting benefits. This smoothie bowl leaves me so satisfied, I don’t need another snack until lunch time. I like to add extra nuts and granola as a topping for extra crunch and texture.
Blueberries contain the following vitamins and minerals:
- Vitamin K1: This vitamin assists with healthy blood clotting and is also beneficial for bone health.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is an important anti-oxidant that assists in skin health and immune function.
- Manganese: An important mineral that assists carboydrate metabolism.
Bueberries further contains small amounts of vitamin E and B6, are extremely rich in antioxidants and they contribute to heart health, brain health and blood sugar control.
Takes: Less than 5 minutes to assemble. Serves 1 Very easy.
You will need:
- 1 frozen banana (not too ripe)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- A powerful blender
- Fresh fruit, toasted nuts (I used almonds) and/or granola to top your smoothie bowl with.
How to make:
- Place all of the above ingredients in a blender and blend until it reaches an ice-cream-like consistancy.
- Scoop the mixture into a breakfast bowl and top with your choice of fresh fruit, granola and/or toasted nuts.
If you enjoyed this post please let me know by liking it and leaving a comment.
A little bit of sunshine in a glass, that is what you will have when you make yourself this banana and paw-paw smoothie.
So lately I have been feeling a little glum. I think my winter-blues have finally caught up with me and I knew this morning that it was time to take action. So I went for a 5km run and the exercise seriously put me in the mood for a healthy breakfast with nutritious ingredients that will be good for my body and mind, therefore I whipped out my blender and a few minutes later I was sipping this silky smoothie that is packed with banana, paw-paw, greek yoghurt, and chia seeds. Sitting in the sun, enjoying my post-workout breakfast, with Sir Henry Samoosakat, (our Maincoon cat) was just what the docter ordered, I instantly felt my mood lift.
The good news is that bananas are high in fibre, potassium and vitamin B6 while paw-paws are packed with its fair share of fibre, vitamin C and anti-oxidants. Mix in the greek yoghurt that is full of protein and chia seeds loaded with omega 3 fatty acids and you can’t go wrong. Now I ask you, who wants to eat a bowl of commercial, sugary cereal when you can pack such a mean, healthy, creamy punch for your body in one go?
Serves 1. Takes: 5 Minutes. Very easy
You will need:
- 1/2 small paw-paw
- 1 small banana
- 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 cup of water (or 1/2 water, 1/2 ice)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
What you need to do:
- Add everything to a blender and blend until silky smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with some chia seeds if desired.
If you enjoyed this post also have a look at my Warm Pumpkin Pie Breakfast Smoothie