” data-medium-file=”https://i1.wp.com/notsoskinnycook.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/1-img_8527.jpg?fit=300%2C182&ssl=1″ data-large-file=”https://i1.wp.com/notsoskinnycook.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/1-img_8527.jpg?fit=480%2C291&ssl=1″ class=”size-full wp-image-728″ title=”Wild Mushroom Risotto” src=”https://i1.wp.com/notsoskinnycook.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/1-img_8527.jpg?resize=480%2C291″ alt=”Wild Mushroom Risotto” width=”480″ height=”291″ data-recalc-dims=”1″ />
I am happy to report to all my dear readers that I am still on holiday getting well rested and also eating very well. I am also very happy and proud to announce that I have been awarded the Versatile Blogger award by Jennifer who writes a beautiful blog called the Foodery. Thank you very much Jennifer. Yay!!!
Here are the rules of the Versatile Blogger Award:
Thank the award giver(s) and link back to them in your post
– Share 7 things about yourself
– Pass this award along to 15 or 20 bloggers you read and admire
– Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award
Now one of the rules for receiving this award states that you need to share seven things about yourself…. I must admit I am not all that interesting but I will give it my best shot:
- I am a Christian that loves God very much and believes that everything I am and have in my life is through His grace alone.
- I have a kitchen gadget fetish…I can spend hours in the kitchen department of stores, checking out different kitchen tools 🙂
- Besides cooking and blogging I am also a potter-er who loves to create beautiful ceramics.
- I not only love to read cooking books but also devour novels by the stacks
- I have been married to my dear husband for ten years now and not a day goes by without me thinking how lucky I am.
- My favorite meal is definitely a bowl of freshly made pasta, finished by a hot chocolate pudding.
- I love a good glass of red wine
I would also like to nominate the following fellow bloggers for this award:
Heidi who writes a blog called Lightly Crunchy
Heidi and her family lives on a beautiful farm and is really encouraging us to live a simpler life, being more self-efficient by creating a lot of our products that we use every day ourselves. She has a great sense of humor and spoils her readers with beautiful photos of her creations and family.
My second nomination goes to Anastasia, the writer of a blog called While Chasing Kids
This is a photo of her Cherry Galette. Now does this not just look delectable? Do yourself a favor and drop by for her mouth-watering dishes and oh- so- gorgeous photos.
Lastly you have to go and peek in at Shari’s My fancy Pantry
Shari will awe you with all her unique ingredients, recipes and photos, so please visit her beautiful blog.
So dear readers expand your horizons and go and visit these girls…. oh yes, and cook this Wild mushroom Risotto!
When I saw Rachel Allen do a version of this recipe last night on the homechannel I simply knew I had to make this. I was even lucky enough to find fresh wild mushrooms at our local supermarket this morning.
I have to admit that I have never cooked risotto myself before, so this was a first for me. Don’t fear all first- time- risotto- cookers it is really easy! Hubby took a few photos so you will be able to do this all by yourself at home! You will be rewarded with a creamy comforting risotto full of buttery flavor. Absolutely, definitely worth the effort!
You will need:
- 1.5 l of chicken stock
- 200g fresh wild mushrooms sliced
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 Tbsps butter
- 3 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 cup of white wine
- 500g Arborio Rice
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper freshly ground
Here is how to:
- Bring the stock to a boil
- Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan and sweat the onions with some salt until soft. Add in the mushroom and cook until soft.
” data-medium-file=”https://i0.wp.com/notsoskinnycook.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/1-img_8231.jpg?fit=300%2C200&ssl=1″ data-large-file=”https://i0.wp.com/notsoskinnycook.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/1-img_8231.jpg?fit=480%2C320&ssl=1″ class=”size-full wp-image-718″ title=”Mushroom Risotto” src=”https://i0.wp.com/notsoskinnycook.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/1-img_8231.jpg?resize=480%2C320″ alt=”Mushroom Risotto” width=”480″ height=”320″ data-recalc-dims=”1″ />
3. Add the risotto rice and stir for one minute. Add the cup of wine .
4. Add the stock, about 200 ml at a time, and stir in allowing the rice to absorb it, continue adding it in like this until all the stock has been stirred in and absorbed. This will take about 40 minutes. If you run out of stock just add a little boiled water until the rice is cooked through.
” data-medium-file=”https://i2.wp.com/notsoskinnycook.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/1-img_8240.jpg?fit=300%2C200&ssl=1″ data-large-file=”https://i2.wp.com/notsoskinnycook.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/1-img_8240.jpg?fit=480%2C320&ssl=1″ class=”size-full wp-image-720″ title=”Mushroom Risotto” src=”https://i2.wp.com/notsoskinnycook.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/1-img_8240.jpg?resize=480%2C320″ alt=”Mushroom Risotto” width=”480″ height=”320″ data-recalc-dims=”1″ />
5. When the rice has been cooked through it will have a beautiful creamy consistency and it will be soft. Taste after about 35 minutes to make determine whether it has been cooked through. Adjust the taste with salt and pepper to taste. Lastly add the parmesan cheese and stir through.
” data-medium-file=”https://i0.wp.com/notsoskinnycook.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/1-img_8245.jpg?fit=300%2C200&ssl=1″ data-large-file=”https://i0.wp.com/notsoskinnycook.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/1-img_8245.jpg?fit=480%2C320&ssl=1″ class=”size-full wp-image-721″ title=”Mushroom Risotto” src=”https://i0.wp.com/notsoskinnycook.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/1-img_8245.jpg?resize=480%2C320″ alt=”Mushroom Risotto” width=”480″ height=”320″ data-recalc-dims=”1″ />
6. Remove from heat and enjoy with your favorite glass of wine.
” data-medium-file=”https://i1.wp.com/notsoskinnycook.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/1-img_8532.jpg?fit=200%2C300&ssl=1″ data-large-file=”https://i1.wp.com/notsoskinnycook.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/1-img_8532.jpg?fit=320%2C480&ssl=1″ class=”size-full wp-image-730″ title=”Wild Mushroom Risotto” src=”https://i1.wp.com/notsoskinnycook.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/1-img_8532.jpg?resize=320%2C480″ alt=”Wild Mushroom Risotto” width=”320″ height=”480″ data-recalc-dims=”1″ />
” data-medium-file=”https://i1.wp.com/notsoskinnycook.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/1-img_8528.jpg?fit=300%2C222&ssl=1″ data-large-file=”https://i1.wp.com/notsoskinnycook.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/1-img_8528.jpg?fit=480%2C355&ssl=1″ class=”size-full wp-image-729″ title=”Wild Mushroom Risotto” src=”https://i1.wp.com/notsoskinnycook.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/1-img_8528.jpg?resize=480%2C355″ alt=”Wild Mushroom Risotto” width=”480″ height=”355″ data-recalc-dims=”1″ />