Lately I have been having a bit of a peanut butter addiction. I often catch myself staring at the bottle of peanut butter wondering what I can add it to next, other than eating it directly from the jar with a spoon. These cookies are sure to satisfy such a peanut butter craving, they are thick, soft and chewy, and as they are filled with creamy, lickable Nutella, they are guaranteed to be the best thing you will taste today. Not to mention how super quick they are to make. I suggest that you hide them well away as they will be gobbled up very fast by your family.
Be sure to bake the cookies until they are golden in color, and after removed from the oven, leave them for a few minutes on the baking sheet to cool, as they will continue baking. If you remove them too soon they will be too soft and crumble apart.
These cookies take: 15 Minutes to prepare, 30 minutes to rest, and 30 minutes to bake. Makes about 20 cookies. Easy.
You will need:
- 125 ml butter
- 125 ml crunchy peanut butter (No salt or sugar added)
- 250 ml sugar
- 1 extra large free-range egg
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 250 ml flour
- large pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 125 ml bran flakes finely crushed
- Nutella for sticking the cookies together
- Beat the butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the sugar and beat thoroughly.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat lightly to mix well.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt over the egg mixture and mix just until blended.
- Stir the bran flakes into the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Cover the dough with a clean dish towel and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 160°C and line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Remove dough from refrigerator.
- Scoop out balls with a 15 ml measuring spoon and roll between your palms to make them round. Place the dough balls about 3 cm apart on a baking sheet and press flat slightly.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes until the cooking have a golden color.
- Remove from oven and first let the cookies cool down on the baking sheet before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Once the cookies have cooled down, use Nutella to stick them together.
If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.